Tuesday 10 April 2007

Bholu



I can't say how much i love these journals by Australian designer Jodie Fried. I'm one of those tactile people, so i really dig the textures on these.

Jodie believes in creating products that benefit people along the way so her Bholu label works closely with traditional Gujarati women artisans from the remote desert communities of western Gujarat, empowering these women with a chance to earn their own keep, and eventually, their independence.

Bholu offers a beautiful range of journals like these, along with cushions, throws, slippers, and even soft toys for children, all made from felt with silk hand embroidery stitching.

They stock mainly in Australia, but welcome all overseas enquiries. If you like them just as much as we do, click on www.bholu.com

Thanks Jodie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. I wonder what kind of paper they use inside? It would be cool if it was textured too.

Anonymous said...

it says on the bholu website that they use acid free cartridge paper. I always prefer plain texture free paper for a good doodle myself tho.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Really lovely!

Unknown said...

Yeah I love these too. My mum got me one as a gift and i jot down all my great ideas. You can get them online from www.yopie.co.nz - very cool nz online shop.